If you feel you may be suffering from sleep apnea? Don’t panic…follow these simple steps to perform a free, at-home sleep apnea pre-screen:
- Call our office-We can give you more information in regards to what sleep apnea is and how it is treated. We will happily begin the process to getting you the at-home pre-screening test done.
- Get a referral form-You can either:
- go to your physician’s office and request our referral be sent to us for a sleep apnea pre-screening, or
- we can prefill a referral form and fax it to your physician’s office for their signature for you, or
- you can take the prefilled referral form with you to your doctor’s office to discuss in more detail your concerns and wish to perform the at-home sleep apnea pre-screening test.
Once we receive the signed referral, we will call you.
- Pick up the device-You can come by the office during business hours to pick up the pre-screen device. Any staff member will explain clearly how to have a successful pre-screen experience.
- Return the device-Once the at-home test is complete, simply return the device to our office. We will verify if enough data was recorded, then send the results to your physician same day.
- Wait for your doctor to call you-Once the results have been received and reviewed by your physician, their office may contact you for a follow up visit to discuss the results and potential next steps.
*Please note this is NOT a sleep study, but rather a gateway to determine the need to be referred to a sleep lab for a full sleep diagnostic study.